Labels

Monday, February 15, 2010

Who cares? The Question

I am Body
caught between
the tug of war
of Mind and Soul

I am a slave
to these
two masters
of finicky nature

who should I
listen to?
The mind?
or the soul?

Mind is clever
has memories of past
and visions of
future

Soul is naive
has no sense
of time or
place

Mind has many
tricks
to save me
when I am down

tricks like
lie, cheat,
blame,
accuse

soul is dumb
has only desires
that lands me
into trouble

desirous of
joy, love
peace,
passion

only one thing common
in them
both are
attention seekers

I listen to one
and other
yells for
attention

I am a slave
to these
two masters
of finicky nature

Who should I
listen to?
Who should I
ignore?

Mind has concerns
Soul has desires
I have feelings
Who cares?

Who cares?
- Musten Jiruwala

No comments: