Labels

Monday, February 15, 2010

Who cares? The Answer

I am Body
caught between
the tug of war
of Mind and Soul

Mind has concerns
Soul has desires
I have feelings
Who cares?

I want
to feel
happy and
peaceful

Help me!
I plead
with my mind
and the soul

Mind thinks
and says
"first handle
my concerns"

I turn to
the soul
with the hope
in my eyes

Soul chirps
"all you have to do
is fulfill
my desires!"

I buckle
under the weight
of concerns
and desires

I become numb
I let it go
let it all
just go

I stop listening
to the mind
I become deaf
to the soul

they
shout
yell
threaten

I remain
numb
silent
devoid of life

after a while
there is
a deafening
silence

no shouting
of the mind
no chirping
of the soul

all there is
is just
a void.
Nothingness.

I start
to like
this
state

tentatively
I dare
to smile
a little

I start
to feel
the life
again

I start
to feel
the strength
within

And a
realization
dawns
onto me

Despite
a million
concerns
of the mind

Despite
countless
unfulfilled desires
of the soul

I can choose
to feel
happy and
peaceful

I am
the master
of the mind
and the soul


I feel
what
I choose
to feel

I care.
- Musten Jiruwala

No comments: