Labels

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What to do...

Not so long ago
I used to be surrounded by
circumstances

Desires burnt out
on the back-burner
while I wrestled with
surviving in this society

I was blurred
in my own focus
while I focused on
lifeless surroundings

One fine day,
I gathered some courage
and did what my
heart desired

I felt
magical,
ecstatic,
alive!

Next moment,
the world
seemed to have
crashed on me

I regretted quietly
for my foolishness
and vowed never to
have any more desires

Suppressed
like a caged bird
I went about
the chores of life, again

Until one fine day
not so long ago
sitting by the side
of the river

I realized
what life is
all about

Today,
I first do
what my heart
desires

And
I feel magical,
ecstatic,
alive

Every moment.

- Musten Jiruwala
(dedicated to my love)

No comments: