Labels

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sitting by the side of the river...


limping lifelessly
burdened by thousands of thoughts
I collapsed by the side of the river

Shunned and pushed
by one and all
I lay there
depressed, dejected

sound of the river
seemed to drowna
in the chaos of
my mind

cool breeze
mischievously and
persistently
irritated

I gave up
and let the breeze
caress my face and
the river sing to me

after a prelude
of flowing sounds
the river started its
lullaby

"I am a drop
from the sky
fell on a leaf
pleaded to hide

leaf just smiled
and gently
pushed me
aside

I fell on the rock
clung to it for my life
with a tear in my eye
pleaded to hide

with a gentle smile
the rock too
pushed me
aside

I fell from rock to rock
and leaf to leaf
pushed and shunned
yet no relief

thousand other drops
joined me in my grief
together we struggled
with some deep belief

we kept moving
we kept leaping
we kept flowing
we kept growing

now, we move the rocks
and give life to leaves
we are unstoppable
we find alternatives

thanks to the leaf
and to the rocks
who pushed me aside
and gave me life

I move on
I keep leaping
I keep flowing
I keep growing

I am a drop
from the sky
shunned by the leaf
pushed by the rock

I am a part
of a flowing
river"

for the first time
in my life
I woke up from
a deep slumber

since then,
I keep flowing
I move on

and I feel
magical
ecstatic
alive

Every moment

- Musten Jiruwala

2 comments:

KayKap said...

Wow!!! Awesome! Can literally feel the dejection, then the rebirth. Thanks. Look forward to more such posts
@Sanjeev, thanks for the heads-up

Musten said...

Thanks Kay :) And Sanjeev, thanks again :D